Newbie Book Blogger Tag



Hey All :) I was searching around for some fun and interesting tags when I found THE NEWBIE BOOK BLOGGER TAG!!  And, well, it seems appropriate to do as my first book tag!! 

I found this tag on Marta's blog, The Book Mermaid. I really enjoyed reading her content, she has some great posts and reviews. Check her out!!


1. Why did you start this blog?

I'd like to build a community where myself and others can come and discuss books and bookish things.

I want to interact with people who get just as excited as I do over fictional people and places!!
Like, maybe I'll find a friend who also giggles and thinks of Daemon Black whenever they see a chocolate chip cookie!


2. What are some fun unique things that you can bring to this blog?


I feel like this is one of those awkward job interview question, no?! 

But, in all honesty, I'm not that different from many other book bloggers. Just like them, I have my own opinions and perspectives to bring to the table.  

How was that? Do I get a call back?!


3. What are you most excited for about this blog?

Making new friends and talking about all the books with all the bookish peeps!! 
(So... make sure you drop a "hello" in the comments :) We can be book buddies!! )


4. Why do you love reading?

What's not to love?! 
I love the escape. Being brought to new worlds and going on adventures, solving mysteries, and meeting new characters.. all by opening a book!! I like that it is up to my imagination to visualize the world and the characters that I am reading about. I get to live each book through my perspective and make it my own. 


5. What book or series got you into reading?


This answer is two fold for me. The first book that I read that that made me feel excited about reading was The Giver by Lois Lowry. I was required to read it in school - I think in Grade 6 or 7 - and I devoured it! It was my introduction in to the world of books.

 Now, while I loved that book and it prompted me to want to read more, there was one series (and, I think you know what's coming) that turned me from casual reader to book addict!! You guessed it, the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling ;) 

And yes, I am a grown a$$ woman and I still try to read Harry Potter once a year... it never gets old!


6. What questions would you ask your favorite author?

I'd have a few questions for them!! Who are their favorite and least favorite characters that they've written? What do they struggle most with when it comes to writing, and how do they overcome it?  Who is their favorite author? What inspires them? I would talk their ear off asking a multitude of question!! For real!

7. What challenges do you think starting a blog will be hardest to overcome?

I think it is figuring out the whole blogaverse, formatting, layouts, widgets and gadgets ... seriously, I already LOST a post?! Like, where the heck did it go?! 


8. When did you start reading?

Well, I was a casual reader from about the age of 10 throughout my teen years, and it was around 19ish that I became a die hard reader. - See question 5!! Lol


9. Where do you read?

Everywhere! I always have a book with me :) 

But, my favorite places to read are sprawled out on the couch or tucked nice and cozy in my bed ;)


10. What type of books do you like to read?

My go to genres are YA Fantasy, Dystopian, and Sci-Fi!!  However, I do enjoy reading Thrillers and Horror as well! And every now and then I read a bit of Contemporary (Adult, New Adult, and YA). 
So ya, I like to read pretty much everything!! 



That was harder than one might think!! I feel like I've just bared my soul. 
Tell me a little about you in the comments! What genres do you enjoy reading? What book prompted your love of reading? 




Comments

Popular Posts